This continuing education activity will discuss continuous lateral rotation therapy as it relates to mobilizing ICU patients, particularly in level one of an early mobility program, in order to prevent and/or treat pulmonary complications. Early mobility helps decrease length of stay, and thereby decrease morbidity and mortality rates.
- Discuss the impact of the supine position on the pulmonary system.
- Identify the associated complications or risks to patients of a stationary supine position.
- Discuss the principle of continuous lateral rotation therapy (CLRT).
- Restate the evidence that supports the use of CLRT.
- Implement CLRT protocols.
- Identify methods to facilitate the adoption of CLRT at your facility.
One (1) CE hour is granted
This course is available online via HealthStream, free of charge.
It is also available in person from your Clinical Outcomes Manager. Request a class.