This course will discuss the cause and effect of immobility in a clinical environment, the science behind early mobility, as well as the studies that support the use of it. Additionally, discussion will include how to overcome barriers and how to implement a progressive mobility program in a clinical setting.
- Identify the importance of early patient mobility.
- Compare and contrast traditional standards of care for patient mobility and identify current practice patterns.
- Delineate institutional costs associated with immobility.
- Define the concept of early mobility.
- Discuss what evidence supports the use of early mobility.
- Describe how to implement the Early Mobility program.
One (1) CE hour is granted
This course is available online via HealthStream, free of charge
It is also availalbe in person from your Clinical Outcomes Manager. Request a class.