Safe Patient Handling 101 (1 Credits)
- Consider how we lift and move patients today
- Discuss the risks associated with manual lifting
- Review how immobility impacts the patient
- Consider the position of OSHA, legislation, and the American Nurses Association on Safe Patient Handling
- Assess and apply appropriate solution
The Bedside Mobility Assessment Tool (BMAT) (1 Credits)
- Review complications of immobility and muscle weakness.
- Consider the benefit of linking fall prevention with SPHM.
- Introduce the Bedside Mobility Assessment Tool (BMAT).
- Describe a hypothetical patient case study so providers can gain practice with implementation of a mobility assessment tool in their care setting.
Complications of Immobility (1 Credits)
- Understand the importance of early patient mobility
- Recognize traditional standards of care for patient mobility
- Identify current practice patterns
- Understand institutional costs associated with immobility
An Introduction to Inpatient Fall and Injury Prevention Best Practices (1 Credits)
- Understand the incidence of inpatient falls and factors that contribute to increased risk of falling
- Understand the patient, caregiver, and economic implications of hospital falls
- Recognize the purpose and role of fall risk screening tools, available best practice recommendations, and products for inpatient fall prevention
- Discuss a population-specific approach to fall and injury prevention and best practices for assessing outcomes of fall prevention initiatives